How to Wash a Clay Bowl for a Hookah
If more than a dozen smoking have passed since the purchase of the hookah, more than one evening in the company of friends at a hookah Dubai ceremony, then obviously your bowl now clearly does not look new and fresh.
So how to wash a clay bowl for a hookah?
A couple of tips:
- Firstly, if you have a bowl of dark shades, you should not naively believe that it is clean, and the problems of light bowls have not touched it.
- Secondly, if you have a white bowl and it has become very dark, you should not throw it out right away — this is not a sign that the bowl is spoiled.
Why do Clay Bowls Require Special Care?
Clay is a porous material that eventually gets clogged with small particles of tobacco, syrup, coal. It is because of this that the color of the bowl changes, when heated, it can "flow", and foreign tastes can be transmitted to tobacco. This is especially noticeable if you like tobacco with bright, unusual flavors. One day, after scoring "bacon", let's say "raspberry" — you will be greatly surprised!
By the way, this is the reason why household chemicals (of any consistency!) should not be used to process bowls made of clay and other clay products. Believe me, it can be life-threatening.
A dirty, darkened bowl, streaked and stained is simply a shame to show to friends, which is why it is worth taking care of this attribute for a hookah. There are several ways to do this, we have tried it and are ready to tell you more.
Calcination Bowl for Hookah
We warn you right away: carefully monitor the temperature. Depending on the contamination of the shisha bowl, the manufacturer, the "age", different temperatures are chosen. How to understand what temperature is enough? Increase the heat gradually, as soon as the clay bowl begins to "flow", leave it in this position, without raising the temperature until you see that the new liquid has not stopped flowing out. After that, remove the bowl, let it cool down a little (to a temperature at which you can hold it in your hands), wipe it with a slightly damp cloth. Then, after the bowl dries, you can repeat the procedure again. Rinse the bowl under running water and let it dry completely.
- At the time of calcination, everything will be in acrid smoke, so we recommend carrying out the procedure outdoors, but not on a campfire, but on a camping tile, so as not to soak the bowl with an extra smell, or in a very well-ventilated room. But it's better not to be at home, you will seriously scare the neighbors.
- This method will not allow you to completely clean the bowl with old dirt.
- A good way for periodic maintenance of a clay bowl: eliminates excess odor and fresh dirt (up to 10 hookah preparations).
- The bowl will remain intact.
Boil the Bowl
You can also boil a clay bowl in water. Since there are no tricks here, let's go straight to the pros and cons.
- The bowl will be clean and odorless.
- The bowl is likely to burst.
Soak the Bowl
Soak the cup in hot (not boiling!) water for a couple of hours. Then rub with a soft dishwashing brush under running water and you're done!
- Longer than other methods.
- The bowl will definitely wash off.
- You will get rid of foreign odors.
- The bowl will be intact.
Well, the choice is obvious!